LAS VEGAS, NV (July 31, 2014) — Thousands of independent community pharmacists, industry insiders and exhibitors from across the country have come together today to kick off ThoughtSpot 2014, AmerisourceBergen and Good Neighbor Pharmacy’s annual tradeshow.
"ThoughtSpot 2014 is Good Neighbor Pharmacy’s annual conference to deliver community pharmacists resources and tools to help their businesses thrive," stated AJ Caffentzis, President, Community & Specialty Pharmacy. “We have a long-standing commitment to independent community pharmacies, and at ThoughtSpot, we will provide them with programs, services and best practices to adapt with the changing healthcare landscape and provide superior service to their customers and communities.”
Taking place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, ThoughtSpot aims to equip independent pharmacists with practices and resources they can use to transform their businesses to improve profitability and maintain their position as a vital source of patient care in their local communities. Over the next four days, attendees can expect:
- A variety of seminars and Continuing Education courses on topics including Adherence Management, Pharmacy Solutions to CMS Star Ratings, Pharmacy Transitions and Investment Strategies, among many others.
- Keynote remarks by Robert Irvine, host of Food Network’s Restaurant: Impossible. Irvine will take the stage for an inspiring presentation focused on revitalizing locations, controlling inventory and improving business offerings and customer service — key practices that also apply to independent retail pharmacy.
- Exclusive details for Good Neighbor Pharmacy’s TransPHARMation, an ongoing project to ensure that independent pharmacies maintain their role as a vital source of quality care in their community. TransPHARMation is only beginning, and ThoughtSpot attendees will get a first look at the program.
- Announcement of the Good Neighbor Pharmacy of the Year Award winner. This esteemed award recognizes pharmacies who exemplify what it means to be a Good Neighbor Pharmacy in their commitment to enhancing patient care and lives in local communities. This year’s finalists include Davies Drugs in Canton, OH, Deines Pharmacy in Beatrice, NE, and Harry Race Pharmacy in Sitka, AK.
- Networking with peers and a very special performance by platinum-selling recording artists the Goo Goo Dolls at the closing night party on August 2.
- Special presentations and access to AmerisourceBergen’s thought leaders including Steve Collis, CEO; Dave Neu, President, AmerisourceBergen Drug Company; and AJ Caffentzis, President, Community & Specialty Pharmacy; and Scott Robinson, Vice President, Good Neighbor Pharmacy.
Interviews and photos are available upon request. For more information visit: www.ThoughtSpot2014.com.