First Treatment for Chronic Sialorrhea Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. FDA Approves New Treatment Regimen for Schizophrenia
Officials with the FDA have approved Alkermes' aripiprazole lauroxil (Aristada Initio) extended-release product for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults. Read more.
4. Immunotherapy Combo Treatment Improves Progression-Free Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
Atezolizumab (Tecentriq, Roche) plus chemotherapy nab-paclitaxel (Abraxane) met its co-primary endpoint of progression-free survival in patients with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer. Read more.
3. Prostate Cancer Genetic Test Can Provide Readout of Inherited Disease Risk
Using a DNA test to identify genetic variants in men that increase the likelihood of prostate cancer may help guide interventions for those at high risk and improve disease prevention. Read more.
2. Clinical Trial to Investigate Vaccine/Immunotherapy Combo Treatment for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
An investigational anti-cancer vaccine will be paired with nivolumab to determine whether the combination therapy will improve survival in patients with the disease. Read more.
1. FDA OKs Treatment for Excessive Drooling in Adult Patients with Neurological Disorders
IncobotulinumtoxinA is the first and only neurotoxin approved for this indication in the United States. Read more.