Financial Burden of Breast Cancer Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Smoking Causes Worsened Functioning, Respiratory Problems in Patients With MS
Patients with multiple sclerosis who smoked cigarettes had higher rates of respiratory complications and increased sedentary lifestyle. Read more.
4. Additional Inhibitor May Enhance Efficacy of Common Therapy in Combatting Glioblastoma
Supplementing a commonly used treatment approach with an additional inhibitor could help overcome resistance in glioblastoma. Read more.
3. New Trial to Evaluate Investigational Hepatitis C Vaccine
If proven effective, GLS-6150 could be the first vaccine to protect against hepatitis C virus infection. Read more.
2. FDA Approves Riluzole Oral Suspension for Treatment of ALS
The approval of riluzole oral suspension fills a therapeutic need for patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis who develop swallowing impairment. Read more.
1. Out-of-Pocket Costs From Breast Cancer Treatment Have Long-Lasting Impact
Survivors of breast cancer and their families face long-term cumulative financial implications from treatment and associated costs. Read more.