Daily OTC Pearl: Tussin DM (Dextromethorphan and Guaifenesin)
Tussin DM helps loosen phlegm and thin bronchial secretions to help drain bronchial tubes.
OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: Tussin DM (dextromethorphan and guaifenesin)
- Tussin DM helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to help drain bronchial tubes.
- Tussin DM will not treat a cough that is caused by smoking.
- Do not use Tussin DM if you have used an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days, such as isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, or tranylcypromine.
- Dosing: The recommended dose of Tussin DM is 10 ml every 4 hours for adults and children 12 years of age and older. Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period. Tussin DM is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age.
- Adverse effects may include mood changes, severe headache, dizziness, anxiety, drowsiness, sleep problems, insomnia, diarrhea, and feeling nervousness.