OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: Desitin
Indication: Desitin is used to provide relief of skin irritation caused by a diaper rash.
- 4.8-ounce tube of desitin maximum strength diaper rash paste with 40% zinc oxide works on contact to treat and prevent diaper rash discomfort.
- Rich, thick diaper rash cream is formulated with 40% maximum-level zinc oxide and is clinically shown to protect baby's skin for up to 12 hours.
- Suggested age: Newborn and up.
- It provides effective diaper rash relief by immediately forming a protective barrier on the baby's skin to seal out wetness and soothe chafed skin.
- Its hypoallergenic formula is paraben, phthalate, dye and soap-free. It is also dermatologist- and pediatrician-tested and is gentle enough for daily use.
- Ingredients: Active ingredient: zinc oxide 40% purpose skin protectant. Inactive ingredients: petrolatum, cod liver oil, lanolin, glycerin, beeswax, sorbitan sesquioleate, fragrance, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, tocopheryl acetate, talc.
- Directions: Apply paste liberally as often as necessary, with each diaper change, especially at bedtime or any time when exposure to wet diapers may be prolonged. Store at 20° to 25° C (68° to 77° F).
Amazon.com: Desitin Maximum Strength Baby Diaper Rash Cream with 40% Zinc Oxide for Treatment, Relief & Prevention, Hypoallergenic, Phthalate- & Paraben-Free Paste, 4.8 oz : Everything Else