Daily OTC Pearl: D-Mannose
D-Mannose can aid in maintaining urinary and bladder health.
OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: D-Mannose
Indication: D-Mannose can aid in maintaining urinary and bladder health.
- D-mannose, a monosaccharide naturally found in fruits, is commonly marketed as a dietary supplement for reducing the risk for urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- Research suggests that supplemented D-mannose could be a promising alternative or complementary remedy especially as a prophylaxis for recurrent UTIs.
- Directions: Take 2 tablets 1 to 3 times daily, per recommendation from a health care provider.
- Separate from all other medications for interactions purposes.
- Comes in 500 mg or 1000 mg options.