Daily OTC Pearl: Blue Star Ointment
Blue Star Ointment is used for skin issues such as itchiness, scaly, dry skin, eczema, rashes, ringworms, jock itch, and athlete’s foot.
OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: Blue Star Ointment
- Blue Star Ointment is used for symptoms such as itchiness, scaly, dry skin, eczema, rashes, ringworms, jock itch, and athlete’s foot.
- It can relieve burning feeling and severe itchiness as well.
- Blue Star Ointment contains 1.2% camphor.
- The American Academy of Dermatology Association recommends ointments or creams with camphor or menthol for relieving psoriasis-related itchiness. However, they also recommend using a moisturizer to counteract the drying effects of these products.
- Patients should be advised to not get this in their eyes and to not ingest it.