CVS Health Achieves 100% on 2017 Corporate Equality Index for Third Consecutive Year
CVS Health has announced that it has received a perfect score of 100% on the Corporate Equality Index for the third consecutive year.
WOONSOCKET, R.I., December 5, 2016 — CVS Health, the nation’s largest pharmacy innovation company, today announced that it has received a perfect score of 100 percent on the Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the third consecutive year. The CEI is an annual national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices pertinent to LGBT equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
“Our company’s success depends on the rich diversity that our colleagues, customers and suppliers bring to CVS Health,” said Lisa Bisaccia, EVP and Chief Human Resources Officer for CVS Health and executive sponsor of the company’s LGBT resource group. “To sustain breakthrough innovation, we must seek out, listen to and leverage everyone’s voices and ensure that every individual feels equally valued, respected and appreciated.”
CVS Health joins the ranks of 517 major U.S. businesses which also earned top marks this year.
Some of the programs and initiatives that account for CVS Health’s top score include:
- gender transition guidelines for colleagues and their managers who may be involved in a workplace gender transition;
- an inclusive benefits package which provides health insurance coverage for the medically necessary health care services that transgender people need, including transition-related treatment;
- support for PRIDE, a colleague resource group for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) colleagues and their allies, one of 13 national Colleague Resource Groups sponsored by the company;
- the CVS Health Supplier Ethics Policy that supports the inclusion of LGBT vendors and suppliers; and
- financial sponsorship and participation in annual LGBT-related and multi-cultural events and causes across the country.
The 2017 CEI rated 1,043 businesses in the report, which evaluates LGBT-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBT community. CVS Health’s efforts in satisfying all of the CEI’s criteria results in a 100 percent ranking and the designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality.
For more information on the 2017 Corporate Equality Index, or to download a free copy of the report, visit www.hrc.org/cei.