Cardinal Health Unveils Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Portfolio
Skin and Wound Care Solutions Promote Healing from Hospital to Home
DUBLIN, Ohio, May 1, 2015 — As wound care becomes an increasingly complex clinical practice, clinicians are seeking solutions that allow them to do more with less. To help promote healing from hospital to home, Cardinal Health recently unveiled a new portfolio of Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) systems, including the Cardinal Health™ SVED® device and the Cardinal Health™ NPWT PRO family of devices.
The NPWT portfolio offers devices for use in the acute care setting, at discharge, and for home. The Cardinal Health™ NPWT PRO family of devices supports patients through the continuum of care, providing them familiarity with the products they see and use during their hospital stay and at their transition to home.
The Cardinal Health™ NPWT PRO line includes:
- Cardinal Health™ NWPT PRO — with flexible economic options for the acute setting and a light-weight, intuitive design
- Cardinal Health™ NWPT PRO to GO — a 10-day, single-patient-use device to facilitate the patient’s transition from acute to extended care or home care, with product features similar to the PRO that help wound care professionals counsel the patient on proper use
- Cardinal Health™ NWPT PRO at HOME — a lightweight, discreet device for use in the home, featuring an intuitive design, to provide an easy-to-use wound care solution
“With care quickly migrating to cost-effective settings, wound care clinicians, home health care professionals and patients need a full-service wound care portfolio that provides consistency and promotes healing across the care continuum, while prioritizing patient dignity and quality of life,” said Beth Bradley, RN, MN, CWON, director of Clinical Operations at Cardinal Health. “Consistency and ease of use encourages both adherence to wound care regimen and, ultimately, cost-effectiveness of care.”
In addition to the NPWT offering, Cardinal Health’s skin and wound care offering includes:
- An advanced wound care portfolio of silicone foam, reinforced gelling fiber, hydrocolloid, hydrogel and silicone contact layer dressings to help promote an optimal healing environment
- A new barrier cream with manuka honey that is designed to protect at-risk skin
- A clinical skin care line with fragrance and dye-free solutions, a transparent dressings line, and three- and four-layer compression bandages
- Incontinence products designed with significant input from clinicians to provide cost savings and high-quality solutions
Cardinal Health introduced its new line of NPWT products at the recent Symposium of Advanced Wound Care and will also feature the entire wound and skin care portfolio at the upcoming Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society™ conference, June 7-9 in San Antonio.
About Cardinal Health
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $91 billion health care services companythat improves the cost-effectiveness of health care. As the business behind health care, Cardinal Health helpspharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices focus on patient care while reducing costs, enhancing efficiency and improving quality. Cardinal Health is an essential link in the health care supply chain, providing pharmaceuticals and medical products and services to more than 100,000 locations each day and is also the industry-leading direct-to-home medical supplies distributor. The company is a leading manufacturer of medical and surgical products, including gloves, surgical apparel and fluid management products. In addition, the company operates the nation's largest network of radiopharmacies that dispense products to aid in the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. Ranked #22 on the Fortune 500, Cardinal Health employs 34,000 people worldwide. More information about the company may be found at www.cardinalhealth.com and@CardinalHealth on Twitter.