ASHP Launches ASHP Consulting Service
ASHP today announced the launch of ASHP Consulting, a new healthcare consulting service providing expert advice on a wide variety of pharmacy practices.
ASHP today announced the launch of ASHP Consulting, a new healthcare consulting service providing expert advice on a wide variety of pharmacy practices. ASHP Consulting’s credentialed pharmacy experts provide clients with an assessment of programs and services followed by customized, best practice-based recommendations for improving an organization’s pharmacy services.
The consultants at ASHP Consulting are internationally recognized pharmacy practice experts with longstanding reputations for improving not only clinical practice, training programs, and patient outcomes, but also operational and financial outcomes.
ASHP Consulting builds upon ASHP’s 75-year history of improving medication safety, developing and using practice standards for optimal medicine management for patients, and advancing education and training of pharmacists. Funds generated by the activities of ASHP Consulting exclusively support ASHP’s membership mission.
“Among pharmacy consulting services, ASHP Consulting is unique. Our services are provided by a not-for-profit organization and are primarily based on practice standards and other best practices, many of which were developed by ASHP,” said Douglas Scheckelhoff, ASHP’s Senior Vice President, Office of Practice Advancement. “ASHP has a robust history of providing valuable information, practice standards, and education in pharmacy practice. With the full support of ASHP, our wide variety of ASHP Consulting pharmacy experts can assist clients with any pharmacy practice challenge they present.”
ASHP Consulting offers a broad array of services designed to meet the needs of health-system and pharmacy leaders, including the following:
- Comprehensive Pharmacy Review
- Pharmacy Clinical Services and Practice Model
- USP Chapter <797> & USP Chapter <800> Compliance/Sterile Product Compounding
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Specialty Pharmacy Operations Assessment, Planning, and Implementation
- Ambulatory Care Practice Development or Optimization
- Ambulatory Care Billing Practices
- Residency Program Development/Assessment
- Medication Use System Security and Drug Diversion
- Pharmacy Operations
- Pharmacy/Health Information Technology
- Leadership and Pharmacy Management
For more information, including how to contact ASHP Consulting, visit our website at http://consulting.ashp.org.