American Pharmacy Purchasing Alliance Names Pharmacy Times the Industry News Provider of the Year
The APPA industry awards each year recognize outstanding performances in the pharmactical industry, lauding both companies and individuals for their innovation, dedication and best-in-class service.
Pharmacy Times® has been named 2019 Industry News Provider of the Year by the American Pharmacy Purchasing Alliance (APPA).1-2
Marking its fifth anniversary, the APPA industry awards each year recognizes outstanding performances in the pharmaceutical industry, lauding both companies and individuals for their innovation, dedication and best-in-class service.1 This marks the third consecutive year that Pharmacy Times has won the award for News Provider of the Year.2
“We are thrilled that Pharmacy Times® has been recognized once again as the industry news provider of the year,” said Brian Haug, president of Pharmacy & Healthcare Communications, in a prepared statement.2 “This is an excellent accomplishment for Pharmacy Times,® and it clearly shows the hard work the team has put in providing informative content, year after year, to our readers.”
The award winners are chosen from 6 categories during an open voting period that closed this year on Friday, April 5. Pharmacy Times®, the leading media resource for pharmacists and the pharmacy industry, received 1,348 votes.1-2
“We are proud and honored to recognized this year's award winners for their accomplishments, contributions and commitment to independent pharmacies,” said Briyce Lundon, APPA Marketing Director, in a press release.1
Other 2019 Pharmaceutical Industry award winners include:1
- Pharmacy Manufacturer of The Year—Amgen.
- Pharmacy Software Provider of The Year—PrimeRx
- Pharmacy Wholesaler of The Year—McKesson & Cardinal Health
- Specialty Pharmacy of The Year—PANTHERx Specialty Pharmacy
- CEO of The Year—Dr. Michael Castagna, MannKind Corp
For more information on the awards, visit the APPA website.
- APPA INDUSTRY AWARDS: Press Release [news release]. Colton, CA; 2019: APPA website. https://joinappa.com/awards/. Accessed April 10, 2019.
- Pharmacy Times® Named Industry News Provider of the Year by American Pharmacy Purchasing Alliance [news release]. Cranbury, NJ; April 10, 2019: MJH Associates. [email] Accessed April 10, 2019.