The theme of this year’s APhA meeting is “Rise! Advancing in the Face of Adversity.” The gathering will provide pharmacy professionals with the opportunity to learn about innovations in the industry, connect with other pharmacists, and work together to tackle obstacles with ingenuity and creativity.
Stay tuned on PharmacyTimes.com for exclusive session coverage and interviews with experts, including:
- Michael D. Hogue, PharmD, FAPhA, FNAP, FFIP, dean and professor at Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy, who will provide an update on the 2023 immunization recommendations and offer insight about the status of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Coverage of a session on pain management that delves into alternative, non-pharmacologic interventions to treat chronic pain and develop appropriate treatment strategies.
- A discussion with Kathryn Marwitz, PharmD, MPH, who will dive into debunking misinformation in the pharmacist’s workplace. She will explore social media, the repercussions of patient wellbeing because of misinformation, and how to help facilitate communication of truthful scientific information.
- Coverage of a session on adult ADHD which will delve into how ADHD affects adult patients, and how pharmacists can create a plan to help patients manage the condition.
- A conversation with Vibhuti Arya, PharmD, MPH, FAPhA, who will discuss drug decriminalization, it’s impact on public health, and how pharmacy professionals can address its stigma with patients.
Stay tuned on PharmacyTimes.com and follow Pharmacy Times on social media for exclusive, live coverage and the latest updates from APhA 2023.