Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. ACA Medicaid Expansion Mitigated Racial Disparity in Timely Cancer Care
Expanded Medicare under the Affordable Care Act nearly eliminated racial disparities in access to timely cancer treatment between African American and white patients. Read more.
4. Venetoclax Plus Obinutuzumab Leads to Long-Lasting MRD Negativity in Patients with CLL
Findings presented at the 2019 ASCO meeting show venetoclax plus obinutuzumab induced deep, high, and long-lasting minimal residual disease negativity in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Read more.
3. Novel Drug Therapy Produces Response Rate in Patients with Advanced, Metastatic Urothelial Cancer
The multi-national phase 3 clinical trial on the novel drug as a treatment option for patients with advanced bladder cancer after they’ve received standard chemotherapy and immune treatments. Read more.
2. De-Escalation of Bone-Targeted Agents Shows No Change in Efficacy, Safety
Researchers studied the quality of life, pain, Global Health Status, and adverse effects. Read more.
1. Oncology Health Care Providers See Benefit of Medical Marijuana, but Not Comfortable Prescribing
A group of health care providers, including 17 pharmacists, indicated in a recent survey that although they believe that medical marijuana likely provides benefits for patients with cancer, less than half were comfortable recommending its use. Read more.