What inspired this list was an afterwork dinner party where everyone shared their best pharmacy pick up lines. Here is a list of my 25 favorites, with a pharmacy twist:
1. Are you a box of BD pen needles? Because you are ultra-fine.
4. Well, aren’t you a sight for psoriasis!
5. Not sure what my creatinine clearance is, but I just can't get you out of my system.
7. Baby, I'm like efavirenz. I can decrease your odds of nightmares, but you still may have strong vivid dreams about me—a very common side effect.
8. Can I bother you for an aspirin tablet? Just looking at you from across the room is giving me heart-related pains.
9. Even Pepcid AC can’t stop my heart from burning for you.
10. Propranolol is red, digoxin is blue. My heart skips a beat when I see you.
11. Girl, you must be norepinephrine because you make my heart race.
12. Side effects may include infatuation, racing heart, and lowered inhibitions.
13. Do you have an inhaler? You took my breath away.
16. I'm like acetaminophen. I'll make sure all your pains go away when we're together.
17. I think you are suffering from a lack of Vitamin Me.
18. Is it me or is there an interaction between us?
19. Is your name flecainide? Because you just made my heart skip a beat.
20. I need an antibiotic, because my love for you burns stronger than my urinary tract infection.
21. I need an Imodium, because I can't hold in my love for you.
22. You breathe oxygen? We have so much in common.
23. You look familiar. Did we have class together? I could have sworn we had chemistry.
24. You make my dopamine levels all silly.
25. You need to add me to the methadone register, because I’m addicted to you.
If you choose to try these out on a fellow pharmacy professional, I take no responsibility for the outcome. Use at your own risk!
Alex Barker, PharmD
Alex Barker is the founder of The Happy PharmD, which helps pharmacists create an inspiring career, break free from the mundane "pill-flipping" life. He is a Full-time Pharmacist, Media Company founder, franchise owner, Business Coach, Speaker, and Author. He's also the Founder of Pharmacy School HQ, which helps students get into pharmacy school and become residents.