Pharmacists' Top Recommended OTC Products Revealed on NBC's Today Show
The collective recommendations of thousands of pharmacists for more than 1100 OTC brands were revealed today when Pharmacy Times, in collaboration with U.S. News & World Report, announced pharmacists' Top Recommended Health Products for 2016.
The collective recommendations of thousands of pharmacists for more than 1100 OTC brands were revealed today when Pharmacy Times, in collaboration with U.S. News & World Report, announced pharmacists’ Top Recommended Health Products for 2016.
For the fifth consecutive year, pharmacists’ top product picks were highlighted during an exclusive segment on NBC’s TODAY Show. The segment, which reached millions of viewers, not only highlighted several of the more than 150 OTC product categories and winning brands, but also drove home the important role that pharmacists play in health care.
“Pharmacists play an important role in today’s health care landscape, providing guidance to patients on overall health issues and over-the-counter products,” said Troy Trygstad, Pharmacy Times editor-in-chief, in a press release about this year’s results. “By collaborating with U.S. News, we can provide consumers with trusted pharmacist advice year-round.”
The 2016 OTC Guide ranked more than 1100 OTC products that were divided into more than 150 therapeutic categories. The results are based on an annual survey of pharmacists, which is now in its 20th year, and they are included in the annual OTC Guide print supplement that is mailed with the June issue of Pharmacy Times, as well as the OTCGuide.net website.
Returning pharmacist-recommended favorites include the following:
· Sunscreen — Neutrogena
· Antihistamines (Allergy) — Claritin
· Pain, Oral Anti-inflammatory Products — Advil
· Pediatrics, Pain Relief — Tylenol
· Upset Stomach Remedies — Pepto Bismol
· Antacids — Tums
· Motion Sickness Remedies — Dramamine
· Contact Lens Solutions — OptiFree
· First Aid, Adhesive Bandages — Band-Aid
· First Aid, Topical Antiobiotics — Neosporin
· Immune Support — Airborne
· Toothpaste — Crest
· Nasal Decongestant — Sudafed
· Sun Burn Relief — Solarcaine
· Lip Balms — Carmex
· Cold Sore Treatments — Abreva
· Therapeutic Mouthwashes/Oral Rinses — Listerine
· Children’s Multivitamins — Flintstones
· Herbal Supplement Brand — Nature Made
· Laxatives, Bulk/Fiber — Metamucil
To access the full results that were released today, visit otcguide.net or health.usnews.com/health-products. Social media—savvy pharmacists can also use the hashtag #OTCGuide on Twitter for more information.
— Pharmacy Times (@Pharmacy_Times) June 14, 2016