Here Are 5 Key Sessions at the ASHP Summer Meetings and Exhibition 2022
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists’ conference includes educational opportunities that feature the latest products, services, and technology in the industry.
Pharmacy Times® will cover the upcoming American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Summer Meetings and Exhibition 2022 in Phoenix, Arizona, from June 11, 2022, through June 15, 2022.
The summer meeting includes sessions with educational opportunities that feature the latest products, services, and technology in the industry. The opening session will feature Scott Gottlieb, who served as the 23rdcommissioner of the FDA. He will speak on June 13 at 8 a.m.
Other key sessions will focus on the impact and value of ambulatory care, important updates in the specialty pipeline, and patient-centered pain management.
Here are some features:
- On June 13, 2022, the ASHP will feature a session titled Management of Factor Xa Inhibitor Related Bleeding. The session is sponsored by AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals and will be a promotional theater session.
- On June 14, 2022, Chester Buckenmaier, III, MD, a professor of anesthesiology at Uniformed Services University, will present on patient-centered pain management. He will describe the importance of pain measurement beyond pain intensity to track success for patients and explain strategies for collecting metrics to establish integrative health implementations. Additionally, he will explain the importance of standard terminology within existing care systems.
- In an interview with Pharmacy Times®, Aimee Banks will discuss updates in the specialty pipeline. She will address updates to drugs in the autoimmune, hematology, and oncology areas, including potential new drugs and how pharmacists can help care for patients and improve their outcomes on these drugs.
- In an interview with Pharmacy Times®, Brooke Douglas discussed adverse events (AEs) and medication changes in patients initiating encorafenib and binimetinib combination therapy. She addressed the considerations for the combination therapy, how pharmacists should assist patients who are experiencing AEs, and what pharmacists should know about changing medications.
- In an interview with Pharmacy Times®, Tina Saleh discussed the improvement of oral anticancer agent tolerability and how pharmacist intervention can contribute. She addressed how infusions and oral agents differ when it comes to tolerability, how pharmacists can improve tolerability, and how they can help improve and manage adherence.
Stay tuned on pharmacytimes.com for live coverage of the conference and follow Pharmacy Times® on social media for the latest updates!