Daily OTC Pearl: Lidocaine Pain Relief
Lidocaine is a local anesthetic that offers temporary relief of pain and itching.
OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: Lidocaine Pain Relief
Indication: Lidocaine is alocal anesthetic that offerstemporary relief of pain and itching.It prevents pain by blocking the signals at the nerve endings in the skin.
- Active ingredient: Lidocaine HCI 4%
- Inactive ingredients: Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, aminomethyl propanol, C30-45 alkyl cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, caprylyl methicone, cetearyl alcohol, ceteth-20 phosphate, dicetyl phosphate, dimethicone, disodium EDTA, ethylhexylglycerin, glyceryl stearate, methylparaben, SD alcohol 40, steareth-21, water.
- Directions: In adults and children 2 years of age and older, apply to affected area no more than 3 to 4 times daily. For children under 2 years of age, consult a physician.
- Warnings: For external use only. When using this product, use only as directed.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Do not use in large quantities, particularly over raw surfaces or blistered areas.
- Stop use and ask a physician if condition worsens, if symptoms persist for more than 7 days, or clear up and occur again within a few days.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center immediately.