Daily Medication Pearl: Testosterone Enanthate (Xyosted)
Xyosted is indicated for conditions associated with a deficiency or absence of endogenous testosterone.
Medication Pearl of the Day: Testosterone Enanthate (Xyosted)
Indication: Testosterone enanthate (Xyosted) injection is an androgen indicated for testosterone replacement therapy in adult males for conditions associated with a deficiency or absence of endogenous testosterone.
- Dosing: 75 mg subcutaneously in the abdominal region once weekly. Avoid intramuscular and intravascular administration.
- Dosage forms: 50 mg/0.5 mL o 75 mg/0.5 mL o 100 mg/0.5 mL.
- Adverse events: The most commonly reported adverse reactions (>5%) were increased hematocrit, hypertension, increased prostate-specific antigen, injection site bruising, and headache.
- Mechanism of action: Endogenous androgens, including testosterone and dihydrotestosterone, are responsible for the normal growth and development of the male sex organs and for maintenance of secondary sex characteristics.
- Manufacturer: Antares Pharma