WOONSOCKET, R.I., May 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), announced the grand opening of its first ever standalone store in Colorado. The new store at 16920 E. Lincoln Ave in Parker, CO, is the first of three locations to open in the Greater Denver market this year. Parker Mayor Mike Waid, Colorado State Senator Jim Smallwood and State Representative Kim Ransom joined CVS Pharmacy officials for a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the store opening.
"CVS Pharmacy is proud to be a part of the Colorado community, offering convenient access to best-in-class pharmacy services and a shopping experience truly dedicated to helping people on the path to better health," said Hank Casillas, Senior Vice President of CVS Pharmacy Field Operations. "Because health services and pharmacy are at the heart of everything we do, we have created a shopping destination that offers the best assortment of health, beauty and wellness products and better-for-you snacks."
Since CVS Pharmacy became the first and only retail pharmacy to remove tobacco from its shelves in 2014, the company has continued to evolve the customer's shopping experience with a heightened focus on health and beauty. The new Parker store will feature:
- Best in Class Pharmacy: With personalized programs, a growing network of pharmacists, and innovative digital tools and services, CVS Pharmacy is committed to driving the health and wellbeing of its patients above everything else. With CVS Pharmacy, customers can manage their health with more ease and efficiency and gain access to programs that help them start and stay on their prescriptions while reducing overall health care costs. With the CVS Pharmacy app, patients can be notified when prescriptions are ready for pick-up and order refills digitally by importing their medication history or using the "Scan to Refill" feature that simply scans the prescription's barcode and orders a refill in one easy step. At each CVS Pharmacy location, local pharmacists are available to discuss medication dosage information and address any patient questions or concerns.
- Better-For-You Food options: CVS Pharmacy has a carefully curated selection of national and niche better-for-you brands that make healthier eating on-the-go more convenient and affordable. With "trend zones" featuring different collections of foods customers might expect to only find at a specialty food store, such as gluten-free, allergen-free or those featuring super food ingredients, CVS Pharmacy was also recently the first national retail pharmacy chain to announce the removal of artificial trans fats from all exclusive store brand food products.
- Elevated Beauty: CVS Pharmacy offers the latest innovations and both popular and unexpected beauty brands and products customers can trust at a great value. The company continues to expand its assortment of "on-trend" and niche beauty brands. In addition, the company recently removed all sun care products with SPF lower than 15 from its shelves while expanding products with SPF 30/broad spectrum, natural beauty brands and products focused on skin health. By the end of 2019, all parabens, phthalates and formaldehyde donors in products within the CVS Health, Beauty 360, Essence of Beauty, Promise Organic and Blade store brand product lines will be removed.
- Enhanced assortment of health and wellness products: CVS Pharmacy is committed to enhancing the customer shopping experience in the OTC aisles by focusing on important areas of our customers' lives, like active nutrition, immunity, pain management and sleep, offering holistic solutions and easy navigation through educational signs and displays. The company also features a broader selection of vitamins and supplements, including offerings from specialty brands typically found in specialty stores. To ensure the quality of its product offerings, CVS Pharmacy is embarking on the development of new standards for vitamins and supplements, with the goal of full implementation by 2019. The standards will require third-party testing of ingredient listings for vitamins and supplements, as well as product testing for certain ingredients of concern.
- Customer-Driven Personalization: The ExtraCare Rewards program is the longest running retail rewards program in the drugstore space, and the program continues to evolve with more than 80 million active members in the country. Nearly 1 in 4 Americans have an ExtraCare card, and CVS Pharmacy continues to bring customers new updates and personalized features like special offers and coupons, and easy paper-free options to use rewards and discounts and get receipts. In addition to getting 2 percent back in ExtraBucks Rewards every time members use their card, customers can also opt-in to earn Beauty ExtraBucks Rewards, where they can earn $5 for every $50 spent in beauty, as well as Pharmacy & Health Rewards, which allows members to earn up to $50 each year by simply filling prescriptions at CVS Pharmacy.
While CVS Pharmacy announced the launch of 39 pharmacies within Target Stores throughout Colorado last year, the new store in Parker opening today offers the first time customers can shop in a CVS Pharmacy retail location in Colorado. Two additional Denver-area locations will open this summer at the following locations:
- 3770 N. Sheridan Blvd., Denver
- 9936 W. Bowles Ave, Littleton
Greater expansion across the Colorado is planned, with new CVS Pharmacy locations slated to open in Colorado Springs in 2018.