CAR T Therapy Approval Highlights AJPB Week in Review
Top news of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. Out-of-Pocket Expenses of Chronic Heart Disease Burdensome for Low-Income Families
Low-income families can experience catastrophic financial burden from cumulative out-of-pocket expenses for atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease treatments.
4. AbbVie Seeks Approval for Moderate to Severe Plaque Psoriasis Drug
Risankizumab shows promise as an important treatment option for people living with plaque psoriasis.
3. New Analysis Further Supports Canagliflozin
In an additional analysis from the CANVAS program, new data reinforce evidence of improved renal outcomes for those with type 2 diabetes and chronic kidney disease.
2. Claims Data for Hereditary Angioedema Drugs Show Need for Use Management
Half of all HAE drug expenses were billed through the pharmacy benefit and half through the medical benefit
1. FDA Approves CAR T-Cell Therapy for Large B-Cell Lymphoma
The approval includes the treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), high grade B-cell lymphoma, and DLBCL arising from follicular lymphoma.