Bi-Lo Holdings Foundation to Donate $250,000 to 22 Charities Throughout Tampa
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MEDIA CONTACT: Meredith Holland
Winn-Dixie Stores 904-234-3293 (cell)
(Nov. 10, 2014)
- During this season of giving, the Bi-Lo Holdings Foundation is giving more than $250,000 to benefit 22 local nonprofits throughout Tampa in collaboration with its Winn-Dixie stores. This is in addition to the more than $245,000 and 2,241,615 pounds of food Winn-Dixie is working to reinvest in the Tampa community by the end of 2014 through the contributions of its customers, business partners, associates and company dollars.
“The Bi-Lo Holdings Foundation is thankful for the immense support and contributions of our business partners who enable us to provide these funds to local organizations who share our mission to alleviate hunger in our communities,” said Mary Kellmanson, foundation president and chief marketing officer of Bi-Lo Holdings. “We look forward to growing our relationships with these organizations throughout the coming year.”
Grants were awarded to charitable organizations with missions to address hunger alleviation and hunger-related health and education issues. The foundation reviewed applications from several hundred nonprofit groups and conducted in-depth reviews of their services and reach within each community.
Throughout the next several weeks, representatives from Bi-Lo Holdings Foundation and its Winn-Dixie stores will be presenting checks to the organizations that have been chosen to receive this year’s grants.
The Bi-Lo Holdings Foundation grant recipient organizations in Winn-Dixie’s Tampa region are:
- Equipping Children and Families for Success Homeless Emergency Project, Inc.
- (HEP) Religious Community Services, Inc.
- Community Cooperative The Salvation Army - Fort Myers Area Command
- Meals of Hope, Inc. Service Club of Manatee County, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels of Charlotte County
- Community Haven for Adults & Children with Disabilities, Inc.
- People Helping People in Hernando County, Inc.
- Beth Dillinger Foundation, Inc.
- St. Petersburg Free Clinic
- Tampa Jewish Family Services
- Metropolitan Ministries
- The Tarpon Springs Shepherd Center
- Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc.
- Community Action Stops Abuse, Inc. (CASA)
- The Junior League of Tampa Feeding America Tampa Bay
- One Community Now A Vision of Hope Youth Network, Inc.
- Women's Recovery Center of Tampa Bay, Inc.
The Bi-Lo Holdings Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports many of the charitable- giving efforts of Bi-Lo Holdings, parent company of BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie supermarkets. About Bi-Lo Holdings Bi-Lo Holdings LLC, parent company of BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is the fifth- largest conventional supermarket chain in the U.S. and the second-largest conventional supermarket in the Southeast based on store count. The company employs more than 71,000 associates who serve customers in approximately 830 grocery stores and 550 in-store pharmacies throughout the eight southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie are well-known and well-respected regional brands with deep heritages, strong neighborhood ties, proud histories of giving back, talented and loyal associates, and strong commitments to providing the best possible quality and value to customers. For more information, please visit www.bi-lo.com , http://www.harveyssupermarkets.com/pages/Home.aspx and www.winndixie.com .
Forward-Looking Statements for Bi-Lo Holdings This press release includes forward-looking statements about future events, which involve risks and uncertainties. Generally, the words “believe,” “expect,” “intend,” “estimate,” “anticipate,” “project,” “will,” “could,” “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “likely,” “goal,” “target,” “objective,” “outlook,” “seek” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements, which generally are not historical in nature. Forward-looking statements reflect our current expectations, based on currently available information, and are not guarantees of performance. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, these expectations could prove inaccurate as such statements involve risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our ability to control or predict. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties, or other risks or uncertainties not currently known to us or that we currently deem to be immaterial, materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those anticipated, estimated or projected. For these reasons, we caution you against relying on forward- looking statements, which speak only as of the date on which they are made. Except as may be required by applicable law, we undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date on which they are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.