ASHP Publishes New Edition of Popular Pharmacokinetics Resource
4/23/2014--The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) has published the sixth edition of its popular Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics, which has been thoroughly revised and redesigned.
The new edition offers a superior approach to understanding pharmacokinetics through extensive use of clinical correlates, figures, and questions and answers. The reference includes:
- Content broken into 15 easy-to-follow lessons.
- Practice quizzes to chart progress.
- Four chapters completely devoted to clinical cases.
- Enhanced information on hemodialysis, pharmacogenetics, and plasma concentration versus time curve (AUC) calculations.
- A phenytoin “cheat sheet” to use with calculations.
- New vancomycin cases based on higher desired vancomycin levels and trough-only dose estimations. A
- dditional information on modified diet in renal disease (MDRD) formula versus Cockcroft-Gault (CG) formula methods.
- More theory and problems on extended interval aminoglycosides.
A complete online course based on this book with four enrollment options is available through the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education.
For more information or to place an order (ISBN: 978-1-58528-3873), visit www.ashp.org/pharmacokinetics, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 866-279-0681 (U.S. & Canada), or 001-301-664-8700 (international). To arrange an interview, book signing, or to discuss co-marketing or bulk sales, please contact Rachel Gellman at email@example.com.