ASHP has recognized 11 pharmacy students for their achievements in campus and pharmacy practice leadership (including professional work experience, internships, and other accomplishments) with the ASHP Student Leadership Award.
Sponsored by ASHP and the ASHP Research and Education Foundation, the award honors student members in their second through fourth professional years of pharmacy school. The award winners receive a plaque, an ASHP drug information reference library, and a $2,000 cash award.
The 2017 winners are as follows:
CLASS OF 2017
- Erin L. Hickey, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy, Richmond, VA
- Megan N. McGugan, Medical University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy, Charleston, SC
- Jola N. Salavaci, Temple University School of Pharmacy, Philadelphia, PA
- Stephanie C. Sollis, University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, Jackson, MS
CLASS OF 2018
- BrookeAnne G. Blay, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy, Columbus, OH
- Stephanie R. Lombardi, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences — Albany Campus, Albany, NY
- Laura J. Nice, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH
- Rachelle M. Roxas, University of California, San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, San Diego, CA
- Violet S. Valencia, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA
CLASS OF 2019
- Aaron H. Natarus, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy, Columbus, OH
- Amanda G. Van Matre, University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Aurora, CO
For more information about the ASHP Student Leadership Award, click here. For more information about the ASHP Pharmacy Student Forum, click here.