ASHP Honors Pharmacists as Fellows
The organization awarded the title to these heath care professions in recognition of the excellence achieved in pharmacy practice, according to the organization.
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) has 22 new Fellows. The organization awarded the title to these heath care professions in recognition of the excellence achieved in pharmacy practice, according to the organization.
ASHP members who have achieved FASHP status are eligible for the title through the ASHP Practitioner Recognition Program. Fellows are named if they have successfully demonstrated sustained commitment or contributions to excellence for at least 10 years, contributed to the total body of knowledge in the field, demonstrated active involvement and leadership in ASHP, and have been actively involved in and committed to educating practitioners and others, organization officials said in a press release.
Since it was started in 1988, the ASHP Practitioner Recognition Program has recognized 938 Fellows. The 2019 Fellows will be formally recognized June 11, 2019, during the ASHP Summer Meetings and Exhibition in Boston.
The ASHP 2019 Fellows are:
- Teresa M. Cavanaugh, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Nicole J. Clark, Pharm.D., M.H.A., BCPS, FMSHP, MelroseWakefield Healthcare, Melrose, MA
- Julie K. Dagam, Pharm.D., BCPS, Aurora Health Care; Aurora Health Care Metro, Inc., Milwaukee, WI
- Stephen J. Davis, Pharm.D., M.S., Shields Health Solutions, Stoughton, MA
- Christopher A. Droege, Pharm.D., BCCCP, FCCM, UC Health-University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- Douglas N. Fish, Pharm.D., BCCCP, BCPS-AQ ID, University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Aurora, CO
- Laurie W. Fleming, Pharm.D., The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, Jackson, MS
- Jillian Foster, Pharm.D., M.B.A., FACHE, Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation, Memphis, TN
- Brent I. Fox, Pharm.D., Ph.D., Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn University, AL
- Thaddaus R. Hellwig, Pharm.D., BCPS, South Dakota State University College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions; Sanford USD Medical Center, Sioux Falls, SD
- John B. Hertig, Pharm.D., M.S., CPPS, Butler University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Indianapolis, IN
- Lindsey R. Kelley, Pharm.D., M.S., University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI
- William P. Kernan, Pharm.D., M.B.A., Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, FL
- Jeff Little, Pharm.D., M.P.H., BCPS, Saint Luke's Hospital, Kansas City, MO
- Charles E. Mahan, Pharm.D., Ph.C., FCCP, Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Albuquerque, NM
- Karen J. McConnell, Pharm.D., BCPS-AQ Cardiology, FCCP, Catholic Health Initiatives, Denver, CO
- Heidi A. Pillen, Pharm.D., Beaumont Health, Southfield, MI
- Daryl S. Schiller, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS-AQ ID, Montefiore Nyack Hospital, Nyack, NY
- Jodi L. Taylor, Pharm.D., BCCCP, BCPS, Union University College of Pharmacy, Jackson, TN
- Rebecca A. Taylor, Pharm.D., M.B.A., BCPS, Cleveland Clinic Fairview and Lutheran, Cleveland, OH
- Elizabeth A. Wade, Pharm.D., BCPS, Concord Hospital, Concord, NH
- Bradley M. Wright, Pharm.D., BCPS, Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy, Huntsville, AL
Information, program criteria, and forms for the ASHP Practitioner Recognition Program are available on the organization’s website. The deadline for 2020 applications is October 1, 2019.
ASHP Honors Members for Practice Excellence, Leadership: Twenty-two Pharmacists Designated Fellows in 2019 [news release]. Bethesda, MD; April 30, 2019: ASHP Communications Division. [email] Accessed April 30, 2019.