Pharmacy Times will be covering the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) Total Store Expo, taking place in Boston from August 27 to 29, 2022.
The NACDS Total Store Expo brings together retailers and suppliers in health and wellness, including experts in products, technology, and services for pharmacies. This year’s theme, “Tomorrow Happens Here,” aims to put a focus on the future of the industry after the COVID-19 pandemic and how consumer expectations and innovation are driving the industry forward.
Stay tuned for coverage of sessions and conversations with speakers, including:
- On Saturday, August 27, Pharmacy Times sits down for a conversation with Michael Zimmerman, partner at Kearney and leader of the Global Logistics team, to hear about supply chain disruptions and what they mean for the future of the pharmaceutical industry. Zimmerman is speaking in a session titled “Troubled Waters or Smooth Sailing—What’s Ahead for the CPG and Pharma Supply Chains?”
- Also on Saturday, Pharmacy Times will be covering a session on “Why It’s Critical to Lead with Your Authentic Self in This New World,” consisting of a panel of female health care leaders. In addition to sharing what they have learned professionally, personally, and in their communities, the panelists will tackle how authenticity can positively impact drug stores and their patients.
- In an interview with Pharmacy Times on Sunday, Doug Long, vice president of industry relations at IQVIA, will discuss the future of pharmacy, as addressed in his session titled “Pharmaceutical Issues, Trends, and Forecasts.” In addition to long-term changes caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Long will discuss how pharmacists can prepare for the “twindemic” flu and COVID-19 season.
- On Monday, a session titled “Creative Solutions for Mental & Behavioral Health” will discuss these top public health priorities and the role of the pharmacy in tackling them. Pharmacies have been leaders in this space, implementing innovative solutions to improve access and destigmatize mental health conditions within communities, and this session will review some of those unique programs and solutions.
- Finally, Rina Shah, group vice president of Pharmacy of the Future & Healthcare Segment Strategy at Walgreens, will discuss her presentation titled “NACDS Institute – Health & Wellness Innovation Across Diverse Communities.” In that session, Shah will share the stage with other experts to discuss federal policy and innovation to advance nutrition, health, and equity.
Stay tuned on PharmacyTimes.com and follow Pharmacy Times on social media for exclusive, live coverage and the latest updates from the NACDS Total Store Expo.