- Condition Centers
Pharmacy Times Office of Continuing Professional Education
Michael A. Mancano, PharmD
Clinical Professor of Pharmacy Practice; Interim Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice
Temple University School of Pharmacy; Philadelphia, PA
Pennsylvania Hospital Department of Pharmacy; Philadelphia, PA
Michael A. Mancano, PharmD, has no relevant affiliations or financial relationships to disclose.
Pharmacy Times Office of Continuing Professional Education Judy V. Lum, MPA; Ann C. Lichti, CCMEP; and Donna Fausak have no relevant affiliations or financial relationships to disclose related to this activity.
Drugs approved in 2011 for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, deep vein thrombosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and other conditions are discussed in Part 1 of this 2-part continuing education activity.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
1. Discuss the clinical indications of the new drugs approved by the FDA in 2011.
2. Explain the various mechanisms of action of the drugs discussed within this activity.
3. Recognize the clinically relevant drug interactions for the drugs reviewed in this activity.
4. Identify the most common adverse reactions for the discussed new drug approvals of 2011.
5. Explain the approved dosing guidelines and recommended dosage adjustments for the drugs reviewed.
Release Date: January 10, 2012
Expiration Date: January 10, 2014
Target Audience: Pharmacists
Type of Activity: Knowledge
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 2.0 hours
Fee: This lesson is free online at www .PharmacyTimes.com. There is a nominal fee of $10.00 for mailed/faxed evaluation and exam forms.
Click here to view this activity.