- CONDITION CENTERS
1. ARRIVING LATESet 2 alarm clocks, and allow more than enough travel time.
2. DRESSING INFORMALLYHave a dry-cleaned, conservative business suit ready to go.
3. POOR EYE CONTACTConcentrate on maintaining eye contact throughout the interview. Eye contact is not the same as staring.
4. ASKING ONLY SELF-SERVING QUESTIONSPrepare questions that show your interest in the position or company.
5. DEMONSTRATING IGNORANCE ABOUT THE HIRING COMPANYDo some background research on the company before the interview.
6. USING EVERYDAY LANGUAGE AND SPEECH PATTERNSPractice interviewing and using professional terminology where appropriate. Avoid "like," "ya know," "really," and "OK?" when they are simply fillers.
7. FAILING TO ADDRESS THE QUESTION ASKEDBe careful to listen to the question and understand it before answering.