Tips for Taking Medication
Published Online: Saturday, May 1, 2004 [ ]
When pharmacists encounter patients forgetting to take their blood pressure medications, they should offer the following tips from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute:
- Put a photo of themselves on the refrigerator with a note reminding them to take their medication
- Keep their medication on the nightstand next to their side of the bed
- Keep their pills with their toothbrush, and take the pills immediately after brushing their teeth
- Put the medication in a weekly pillbox
- Start a buddy system with a friend who is also on daily medication, and take turns calling each other daily
- Have a friend leave a reminder on the patient's answering machine, and tell the patient not to erase the message
Your comments are valuable to us. Thank you.
Sorry, you must be logged in and registered to post a comment.
To login, click To register, click here.