7 Deadly Sins: R?sum?
Published Online: Sunday, February 1, 2009
- Spelling errors—Proof, reproof, and have at least 2 reviewers proof your r?sum?.
- Dirty/unclear print—Print in traditional fonts with a size of at least 12 points, using a laser printer.
- Poor quality paper—Purchase a high-grade, heavy bonded paper.
- Weak career objective—Write an objective that is "employer-oriented" and not purely self-serving.
- No cover letter—Attach a cover letter that introduces you and your interest in the position.
- Extraneous marks, folds, wrinkles, tears—Keep your r?sum?s in a firm, closed folder.
- Impersonal mailing address—Send your r?sum? to the individual who will make the hiring decision?not to the company or "to whom it may concern."