Seven Deadly Sins
AND HOW TO AVOID THEM:
Published Online: Monday, October 1, 2007 [ ]
- SPELLING ERRORS?Proof, reproof, and have at least 2 reviewers proof your r?sum?.
- DIRTY/UNCLEAR PRINT?Print in traditional fonts with a size of at least 12 points, using a laser printer.
- POOR QUALITY PAPER?Purchase a high-grade, heavy bonded paper.
- WEAK CAREER OBJECTIVE?Write an objective that is ?employer-oriented? and not purely self-serving.
- NO COVER LETTER?Attach a cover letter that introduces you and your interest in the position.
- EXTRANEOUS MARKS, FOLDS, WRINKLES, TEARS?Keep your r?sum?s in a firm, closed folder.
- IMPERSONAL MAILING ADDRESS?Send your r?sum? to the individual who will make the hiring decision?not to the
company or ?to whom it may concern.?