5. DNA Marker May Predict Poor Outcomes, Treatment Resistance in Multiple Myeloma
A certain type of DNA rearrangement that is rarely tested for may be a predictor of prognosis in multiple myeloma. Read more.
4. FDA Approves New Treatment for Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy
Transthyretin amyloid cardiomyopathy is a rare and fatal disease for which there are no previously approved treatments. Read more.
3. Tagraxofusp Shows High Response Rate in Rare, Deadly Blood Cancer
Treatment with tagraxofusp yielded high response rates in patients with blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm. Read more.
2. FDA OKs First Treatment for Children with Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
Amifampridine (Ruzurgi, Jacobus) is the first treatment approved specifically for pediatric patients 6 to 17 years of age with Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome. Read more.
1. FDA Approves Adjuvant Treatment for HER2-Positive Early Breast Cancer
Ado-trastuzumab emtansine (Kadcyla) is currently the only antibody-drug conjugate approved for the treatment of HER2-positive early and metastatic breast cancer. Read more.