- Resource Centers
This activity is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Otsuka America Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Serotonin and Beyond: Optimizing Management of Major Depressive Disorder
Megan Maroney, PharmD, BCP
Clinical Assistant Professor
Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Clinical Psychiatric Pharmacist
Monmouth Medical Center
Long Branch, New Jersey
The following faculty, planners, and staff have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Megan Maroney, PharmD
Pharmacy Times Office of Continuing Professional Education
Planning Staff—David Heckard, Steve Lin, PharmD, RPh, and Maryjo Dixon, RPh
Pharmacy Times Editorial Staff
An anonymous peer reviewer was part of the content validation and conflict resolution process. The peer reviewer has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, participants should be able to complete the following:
1. Review the pathophysiology and risk factors related to major depressive disorder (MDD).
2. Discuss emerging data on remission, treatment response, and prognosis of MDD.
3. Explore the changes that have taken place with respect to the treatment approach for MDD.
4. Examine the new first-line treatment options for MDD.
5. Discuss the role of the pharmacist in addressing treatment challenges and optimizing outcomes in patients with MDD.
Target audience: Pharmacists
Type of activity: Knowledge
Release date: January 12, 2014
Expiration date: January 12, 2016
Estimated time to complete activity: 2 hours
Click here to view this activity.
Pharmacy Times Office of Continuing Professional Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This activity is approved for 2.0 contact hours (0.2 CEUs) under the ACPE universal activity number 0290-0000-14-001-H01-P. The activity is available for CE credit through January 12, 2016.