1. SPELLING ERRORSProof, reproof, and have at least 2 reviewers proof your résumé.
2. DIRTY/UNCLEAR PRINTPrint in traditional fonts with a size of at least 12 points, using a laser printer.
3. POOR QUALITY PAPERPurchase a high-grade, heavy bonded paper.
4. WEAK CAREER OBJECTIVEWrite an objective that is "employer-oriented" and not purely self-serving.
5. NO COVER LETTERAttach a cover letter that introduces you and your interest in the position.
6. EXTRANEOUS MARKS, FOLDS, WRINKLES, TEARSKeep your résumés in a firm, closed folder.
7. IMPERSONAL MAILING ADDRESSSend your résumé to the individual who will make the hiring decision?not to the company or "to whom it may concern."
In Seniors: Consider CMV Serostatus
When Recommending Flu Vaccine
Older people who have cytomegalovirus seem to have less robust responses to the trivalent influenza vaccine than those who do not have CMV.
News from the year's biggest meetings
Clinical features with downloadable PDFs