1. SPELLING ERRORS?Proof, reproof, and have at least 2 reviewers proof your r?sum?.
2. DIRTY/UNCLEAR PRINT?Print in traditional fonts with a size of at least 12 points, using a laser printer.
3. POOR QUALITY PAPER?Purchase a high-grade, heavy bonded paper.
4. WEAK CAREER OBJECTIVE?Write an objective that is "employer-oriented" and not purely self-serving.
5. NO COVER LETTER?Attach a cover letter that introduces you and your interest in the position.
6. EXTRANEOUS MARKS, FOLDS, WRINKLES, TEARS?Keep your r?sum?s in a firm, closed folder.
7. IMPERSONAL MAILING ADDRESS?Send your r?sum? to the individual who will make the hiring decision...not to the company or "to whom it may concern."